Heart

Share | 

A Great Example Of A Grass Roots Movement

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
iamp4p
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: A Great Example Of A Grass Roots Movement   Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:27 pm

HUCk'S ARMY

this group was amazing and it started with 2 ppl.

They based it on the same format as we are using here-begin with a forum.
Where ppl can have a focal point to meet,plan,discuss etc.

They also used a state co-ordinator.And fund raising-though we can certainly look into that later.I'm not sure where we would go with that.

Perhaps donate to AMEN and get them started:then co-ordinate with other pro life movements.

For now,we need to build up membership here.Worry about other particulars later.

We can certainly use facebook,meet ups,twitter and other internet services to get the word out and increase members to our movement.

We wil accomplish whatever it is we set out to do.But we have to make up our minds to set out.Pray too in each of our faith traditions.Catholic,Protestant...any denomination.Or even those who are simply pro life because they believe that human life is priceless.We make no stipulations for ppl who wish to join us other than they are adamantly pro life!!
God Bless,
iamp4p

PostSubject: Re: A Great Example Of A Grass Roots Movement   Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:02 am

I believe we will accomplish great things as well. I am in the process of researching the different organizations. I see that Priests for Life is a NGO, however, it seems as though this might be a little more difficult to become a NGO, than a NPO. I want to be sure, that we are able to speak out freely for what we believe in and are not silenced like millions of babies are. I think it is important that we are able to endorse candidates that value human life. I will keep you posted as to where we are in our journey. I am so compelled and I do feel a calling, so please pray for AMEN, so that we can make a difference.

God Bless :)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iamp4p
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: A Great Example Of A Grass Roots Movement   Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:27 pm

with you 100%.
Huck's Army is a great example of what can be done and what they did do.And continue to do.
I would encourage ppl to read over their website.
They began with the inspiration of Gov Huckabee himself.Then they used the power of the internet and found ppl who believed strongly in his message.
They set up the forum.The forum was critical and eventually became very active.It was the focal point of all that they accomplished.

The next step was that they found state co-ordinators.They also used other means Meet ups,twitter,face book etc.
Whatever way they could get the word out.
They raised money to support their candidate.We are inspired by one thing;the sanctity of life.
We can reach across all denominations and backgrounds. We are not going to be beholden to the government. Surely at some point we will be able to raise money but we will never answer to our government for our pro life activities.

We have power in numbers-we can write to Congressman,petition our President and work in tandem with other pro life groups.

Perhaps another step we could take is one Huck's Army did and it worked well.

Cards-those small cards that we can leave here and there as a calling card.

We can use the forum address and ppl will eventually find us.

For now we certainly need to support Sen Chambliss of Georgia and make certain that the Democrats do NOT obtain a super majority.

I'll be posting up a call list from Mike Huckabee's site.

The next vote is going to be on Dec 2nd.This may be a very close election.We have to make sure he wins!!

Phone calls do help.

God Bless,
iamp4p

PostSubject: Re: A Great Example Of A Grass Roots Movement   

Back to top Go down

A Great Example Of A Grass Roots Movement
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1