Heart

Share | 

FROM THE BLOG OF THE PETITION TO OBAMA;FIGHT FOCA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
iamp4p
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: FROM THE BLOG OF THE PETITION TO OBAMA;FIGHT FOCA   Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:51 pm

As We Prepare for an Obama Administration . . .

Dear Friend,

Many have asked how things stand and what our strategy will be with an incoming presidential administration that has taken such a radical stance supporting abortion. The short answer: I am, frankly, heartened by the tremendous response each time we’ve asked you to stand for life.

First, we saw the remarkable response to our FightFOCA petition. Pro-lifers are not giving in!

The signatures have continued rising — even over the Christmas holiday — and now stand at over 350,000!

I am also heartened by your response to the 55-page Wish List pro-abortion forces sent to President-elect Obama. We asked you to enter comments on the document and now there are over 3,000 comments, mostly pro-life, on the Change.gov website.

US News and World Report noted the surge in comments and observed:

But the volume of comments also shows that the pro-life movement is very much engaged right now and can be quickly activated.

That’s encouraging!

Of course, a realist must acknowledge that no one really knows what the ground game will look like once we begin confronting an administration so radical that its leader, President-elect Obama, could not bring himself to vote to protect babies born alive after abortion. And he is unwaveringly supported by the current leader of the world’s largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood and its President Cecile Richards, who was the deputy chief of staff to the Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi only three years ago.

Even so — even so! — I remain hopeful.

I have on my fireplace mantle a copy of the classic work, Streams in the Desert, which belonged to my grandparents. The entry to be read each January 6 addresses the perennial question of uncertainty and recounts the example of the self-opening gate:

There is a self-opening gate which is sometimes used in country roads. It stands fast and firm across the road as a traveler approaches it. If he stops before he gets to it, it will not open. But if he will drive right at it, his wagon wheels press the springs below the roadway, and the gate swings back to let him through. He must push right on at the closed gate, or it will continue to be closed.

The author, Lettie Cowman, sums up by saying “This illustrates the way to pass every barrier on the road of duty.”

Duty is an old-fashioned word, rarely heard today. But we believe that it is indeed our duty — and a high calling — to stand against those who would promote the Culture of Death with every last resource that God grants us, regardless of the barriers that block the road ahead.

We will pray for wisdom, direction, and discernment. And then, we intend to run straight at the gate.

These are difficult times. I’ve talked with so many of you recently who have told me that you are standing with us, despite financial challenges. We are humbled — and emboldened — by your commitment.

Thank you for your faithful support that enables us to “press on and step out boldly.”

Yours for Life,

Charmaine

Charmaine Yoest, Ph.D.
President & CEO
AUL Action The Legislative Arm of Americans United for Life
FightFOCA.com
FightFOCA@FightFOCA.com

P.S. — Your financial support helps us Fight FOCA. Please consider making a contribution today.

FROM THE BLOG OF THE PETITION TO OBAMA;FIGHT FOCA
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1